Krishna S. Nayak, PhD
Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering
Viterbi School of Engineering
University of Southern California
Magnetic Resonance Engineering Laboratory
Body Engineering Los Angeles
Magnetic Resonance Imaging; MRI pulse sequence design; MRI reconstruction;
MRI artifact correction; Real-time imaging;
Application of MRI to the assessment of cardiovascular disease and obesity;
Signal and image processing
- Oct 2010-Aug 2011, Sabbatical at NIH/NHLBI Laboratory for Cardiac Energetics
- Apr 2009, Promoted to Associate Professor with Tenure
- Apr 2009, GE Healthcare Magnetic Resonance Thought Leader Award
- May 2008, USC-Mellon Mentoring Award, Faculty Mentoring of Graduate Students
- May 2007, USC Viterbi School of Engineering, Junior Faculty Research Award
Selected Recent Publications
- Y-C Kim, RM Lebel, Z Wu, SL Davision Ward, MCK Khoo, KS Nayak.
Real-time 3D MRI of the Pharyngeal Airway in Sleep Apnea.
Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2013 (accepted).
- RM Lebel, J Jones, JC Ferre, M Law, KS Nayak.
Highly accelerated dynamic contrast enhanced imaging.
Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2013 (early view).
- AA Joshi, HH Hu, RM Leahy, MI Goran, KS Nayak.
Automatic intra-subject registration-based segmentation of abdominal fat from three-dimensional water-fat MRI.
Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 37(2):423-430. February 2013.
- Z Zun, P Varadarajan, RG Pai, EC Wong, KS Nayak.
Arterial Spin Labeling Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Detects Clinically Relevant Increases in
Myocardial Blood Flow With Vasodilation.
Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Imaging
4(12):1253-1261. December 2011.
- HH Hu, TR Nagy, MI Goran, KS Nayak.
Quantification of absolute fat mass by magnetic resonance imaging:
a validation study against chemical analysis.
International Journal of Body Composition Research 9(3):111-122. 2011.
3740 McClintock Ave, EEB 406
Los Angeles, CA 90089 - 2564
knayak AT usc DOT edu